How to Make an Avocado Tree Bear Fruit
- Plant a lot more than one particular avocado tree and plant distinct varieties to encourage pollination of flowers. Plant rootstock grafted seedlings instead of seeds to boost the likelihood of acquiring very good fruit-bearing trees.
- Fertilize trees using a nitrogen fertilizer in late winter and early summer season. Use 1 pound of actual nitrogen per year for trees 5 years and older that could bear fruit. Don't apply nitrogen April by way of June. Zinc, potassium and iron ought to also be added within the spring if a soil test indicates they're necessary.
- Steer clear of pruning branches which have buds or flowers. Avocado trees don't advantage from heavy pruning.
- Give trees a lot of water. Water deeply to soak the roots, then let the soil surface to dry prior to watering once again. In hot climate this might be everyday, and in cooler climate it could possibly be weekly.
- Watch for flowers in January via March. If there's a cold or heat wave even though the flowers are out the fruit might not create. Fruit sets ideal amongst 65 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. In the event the climate will not cooperate, there's absolutely nothing you'll be able to do about that.