- Location the juniper’s pot on a tray filled with gravel. Pour water in to the tray to improve the humidity level about the indoor tree. Make certain the bottom from the pot is sitting on best from the gravel and not down within the water as this will likely lead to root rot.
- Hold the juniper inside a vibrant, sunny window all through the majority of the year. A space with morning sun but afternoon shade is greatest. In the finish of November, sometime about Thanksgiving, move the juniper to an location exactly where the temperature is not going to rise above 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Shop the tree within this atmosphere for 3 months to simulate the winter dormancy it would encounter if grown outdoors. The plant will not need to have sunlight through the dormancy period.
- Water the bonsai as frequently as essential to avoid the soil from ever going totally dry. Some plants will have to be watered each day although other people may possibly need significantly less focus. The size in the pot, form of potting soil you use and place in the plant will all have an effect on how typically it requirements to become watered, so verify your plant frequently till you discover how frequently it demands to become watered. Water the tree only after every single two weeks for the duration of winter dormancy.
- Fertilize indoor juniper trees having a common goal liquid fertilizer diluted to half strength after each and every two weeks through the increasing season. Indoor plants must be fertilized much more often than these grown outdoors as they swiftly deplete the restricted volume of nutrients accessible in potting soil. Quit fertilizing throughout winter dormancy and resume once more within the spring.
- Pinch back and prune your indoor juniper inside the spring as new development seems to assist keep the preferred size and shape. The Japanese juniper doesn't call for pruning to stay healthier but even dwarf varieties will spread as much as six feet with no pruning.
- Repot your juniper in fresh potting soil every single 4 to 5 years or sooner if it becomes root bound. When repotting, gently rake or shake the soil out on the roots and trim away the bottom and outer most one-fourth in the root ball. This will likely preserve the tree smaller sized and much more manageable as an indoor plant. Pack the new soil tightly about the root ball to eradicate any air pockets when replanting. Often repot in mid-summer and water completely right after performing so.
- Green Mound Juniper Bonsai Ideas
- How to Take Care of a Japanese Juniper Bonsai
- Juniper Bonsai Tree Care For Beginners
- Pruning Techniques for Juniper
- Shimpaku Juniper Bonsai
- What Causes My Juniper Bonsai to Turn Brown?
- rock juniper bonsai tree
- More About Juniper Bonsai Tree Care
Related searchCan a juniper bonsai be grown indoors?
Which bonsai tree is best for indoors?
Can a bonsai tree survive inside?
How often do you need to water a juniper bonsai tree?