- Spot the juniper bonsai outdoors within a vibrant spot exactly where it can get direct sunlight within the morning, but filtered shade throughout the hottest component with the day. Move the plant inside for the winter when the temperatures commence to drop regularly to freezing. Location it inside a vibrant, well-ventilated area exactly where the temperature will keep amongst 25 and 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Move the plant back outdoors for the summer time when the temperature outdoors exceeds 40 degrees. Mist the plant with water or location it on a tray of pebbles and water if it's overwintering close to a heat supply or inside a dry location.
- Poke your finger in to the soil about your bonsai tree each day, pushing it about ½ inch in to the soil. When the soil feels dry, water the tree by putting it into a container of standing fresh water for 5 to ten minutes. Verify your plant significantly less often when you study how frequently it requirements to become watered within your atmosphere. The leading with the soil need to dry out involving waterings, however the soil within the pot must under no circumstances be permitted to dry out absolutely. Don't forget to water your bonsai periodically in the course of its winter dormancy, when water consumption will lessen but not cease fully.
- Feed the tree each and every two weeks inside the spring and summer time expanding season, beginning as quickly as your tree produces new development within the spring. Fertilize when each two weeks with an organic fertilizer, like fish emulsion, or using a balanced industrial fertilizer diluted to half strength. When the tree’s development slows in late summer season, reduce the feedings to after a month. Usually do not fertilize the plant in the course of winter dormancy.
- Prune your juniper bonsai within the spring by pinching back new development in the best of your tree that can ruin the preferred shape in the plant. Pinch off needles developing against the trunk at the same time. Pruning specifics will differ primarily based around the shape and style of tree that you simply want, and bonsai pruning is often complicated, so seek advice from an expert when you are new to bonsai and are unsure how you can proceed. Junipers are fantastic candidates for cascade, windswept and informal upright bonsai shapes.
- Repot trees which might be much less than 5 or six years old when just about every two years. Older plants require repotting only after just about every 3 to 5 years. Repot the plants inside the spring when new green buds seem on them. Retain newly potted juniper bonsais within a shady region for any handful of weeks right after transplanting so the roots can recover.
- Be around the lookout for juniper-loving spider mites. In case you see them, rinse the tree’s foliage with warm water and spray it weekly using a mild insecticide containing rotenone pyrethrin for 3 weeks. When the mites nonetheless are present right after therapy, treat the tree once again.
Related Article:Juniper Bonsai Tree Care For Beginners
Dwarf Juniper Bonsai Tree Care